Author: Lala
•Monday, September 06, 2010
(From Carl)

So ever since we had two kids, we've had much more leisurely and fun-filled days.  Really.

Obviously that's because we have some highly-paid people to take care of them night and day, and Lala's no longer pregnant and sick.  She had a pretty rough time for nearly the whole first half of the year.  Given that, and because we know that having the babies at home will be very demanding on our time and energy for a long time, we've been making a point of going out and doing fun stuff as much as we can.  We're not naturally high-energy people, so our fun days may see pretty tame, but we're keeping quite busy by our reckoning.

We figured that Saturday the 28th would be our last Saturday, so we went to DC and saw the new exhibit at the Natural History Museum about human origins (which I'd been wanting to see).  Then we took Fairfax Connector route 505 to Reston where they had a Beatles impersonation band playing that night.  Lala really liked that concert.  We've been going out to restaurants a lot (partly for fun and partly for convenience and because we're out a lot).

This past Saturday  we thought we might have Rianne come home, but that morning she had a little spell. So that afternoon while Lala rested I ran errands (four short bus trips in 2.5 hours and a ton of walking or even running between stores).  Then we went to a party and talked to people for several hours.  Yesterday Lala's friend Christine came over for a while (which I think was good for both of them).

Today we did some cleaning and rearranging, visited the hospital, and then from that area took the train over one stop to Vienna, where we walked to Nottoway Park.  Lala wasn't really feeling great, but she pushed through enough for a lot of walking.  We rested on the grass under a perfect sky, then set up the badminton set she got for Christmas.  It was the first time we'd actually set up the net, because of all the things going on.

She's been resting this evening (she's sound asleep right now), and I treated myself to one more green curry dish at the restaurant here by our apartment.  On the way back I was really dragging because my feet and legs are so tired.

The reason we've been doing so much today is that this afternoon the doctor told us that if Rianne behaves tonight, she'll be out the door in the morning (Mikelle may or may not follow a few days later). This afternoon  may have been our last chance for badminton of the season, for all we knew.

If Rianne comes home in the morning, I will probably not be going in to work at all this week.  This whole pregnancy and birth and such really leaves things uncertain, so I'm glad that I have a very flexible job.
This entry was posted on Monday, September 06, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.


On September 6, 2010 at 11:08 PM , Ellen Sorenson said...

Having a baby or two at home will be a whole new kind of tired for you, but you'll be so happy to enjoy all the cuddling and looking that the stress will really be lower, I think. Yea Rianne! She is one little fighter!

On September 6, 2010 at 11:09 PM , Jenny said...

I'm so glad you could spent some time "out" together before the babies come home, and I am so happy to hear that Rianne may be coming home tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you, so be sure to keep us posted!

On September 7, 2010 at 10:42 AM , Rebecca said...

I second Jenny's comment! Glad to hear Rianne (and Mikelle!) are coming home soon, but also glad you can get some time to enjoy each other.

On September 13, 2010 at 2:55 PM , Nancy Sabina said...

It really is so great that you had that time with just the two of you. It sounds wonderful! And I'm so glad to hear that everything is looking great for all of you.